Thursday 22 August 2013

A Trip to the Mall


I went to Moleno's yesterday, Cusco's version of Watford's Harlequin shopping centre. You usually go there if you need the odd Osho DVD, plastic toilet seat, or RayBan lookalike sunglasses. It's overall your average shopping experience really; price-scammers and pick-pockets, but hey, I kinda like it.




On the way, you meet Pachacutec; he was the guy who pretty much started the whole Inca Empire thing. It was during his reign that many of the famous sites, such as Sacsayhuaman and Koricancha, were constructed; as well as, planning the Puma shape into the city streets.



I forget how I'm living in a city, that not only is the water undrinkable from the tap, but there are daily, and quite frighteningly, water shortages. every night. 

Even worse is seeing where the water comes from.

I dont think Peru is worse than any other country. Every person effectively pollutes. Some, however, are better at hiding it than others. Open sewers are a dead giveaway of the problem. A picture says a thousand words. I guess that is for what sewers really are,





2013

No comments:

Post a Comment