Sunday 22 April 2012

Carnival Challenge


So last Sunday, I took over 100 MEH photos at this years Aix en Provence Carnival, and today, I decided to reduce it down to 10 YEH photos.

Since I started this blog I havn't given much attention to how many photos I post. Usually I just upload them all. Yet, in editing I've noticed I tend to get attached to photos. Sounds weird right but its true. 

I want to keep every single photo to 'remind' me of each moment. Its difficult to let go, since largely they represent certain aspirations and hopes we had for the photo. I hardly want to delete and destroy them! 

But with attachment, our minds are clouded and we lose clarity for true quality. Those failed photos are representations of our own lost aspirations and hopes. Therefore to let go lifts a lot from out of us. We are now free from what was holding us back, accepting the past and moving forward. 

Yet the mind still finds reasons to hold on to those average photos. Here for example I found myself choosing them according to the colour, to get a balanced mix of photos. Its this same logic that sits side by side with attachment, you have to keep this photo for this reason or that. And to some extent I am still being seduced by such a force. 

But to live freely, is to live without attachment. And then you discover a great deal. There are no constraints, no expectations. You find those photos so authentically caught in the moment. There was no thought at the time, just the index finger pressed down at the most precise and perfect moment. These are by far the best photos. The ones you didn't try to capture 10 times but the ones where the camera was an extension of the self in perfect harmony.

I've learnt that, in future, more consciousness is required to share more meaningful photos that trigger real emotions, and not attachments. It might not make judging easier but its being truer to myself. 

I just hope others enjoy my photos, or else whats the point!

Cheers my Dears!
















Et Voila. That was the carnival: a lot of fun!

Big credit to the costumes and people who put it together. One top job.

BONUS VIDEO!!: 

Drums at the Carnival, these guys sure got me grooving!



This post is dedicated to the little angel, Amandine, my birthday sharing french cuz!



No comments:

Post a Comment